Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a charge for students to attend DVA?
DVA is a public charter school and as such, there is no charge for admission.
2. What grades are offered at Desert View Academy (DVA)?
At DVA, we provide instruction for students in kindergarten through fifth grade.
3. How many classes are available at each grade?
We have six classes each in kindergarten, first, second, third, and fourth grade and five classes in fifth grade.
4. How many students are in each class?
We cap our class sizes at 28 students per class. When enrollment exceeds 28 students per class, students are placed on a waiting list.
5. How does busing work at DVA?
DVA offers limited busing. Once busing capacity is reached, students are placed on a waiting list for services. We find that most of our families either drive their own children to school or they participate in a carpool, with other parents.
6. Are family members given preferential treatment, with regard to enrollment?
Yes. Families that have students already enrolled with DVA are given the first spaces available in each grade level. Should a family member enroll in a grade that has a waiting list, that child will be placed ahead of those, already on the list, that do not have family members enrolled.