No school for DVA Eagles
Monday, November 25-Friday, November 29.
Students will return to school on Monday, December 2.
Happy Thanksgiving, DVA Eagles!
What are you thankful for?
DVA students and staff become family and we often say, “Once an Eagle, always an Eagle”. We are reaching out to support one of our own, Rico Montemayor Longoria, as he battles a rare brain tumor. Rico attended DVA for elementary school, and is currently an active 13-year old in 7th grade at Somerton Middle School. Rico’s tumor is causing pain and is affecting his vision.
DVA will be hosting an Olive Garden Spaghetti Plate Dinner to support Team Rico, on Saturday, November 16, from 12:00PM -2:00PM. Tickets are $10 each, and are available in the office.
Also, on Friday, November 15, in place of our $1 jean day, students and staff will be encouraged to wear a red shirt with jeans for any donation. Rico loves the Boston Red Sox, so we will support him by wearing red.
All proceeds collected on Friday and Saturday will go directly to support Rico and his family during this difficult time.
Thank you, DVA Eagles!
We are “REDy” to celebrate Red Ribbon Week at DVA, October 28-November 1. Our motto for the week is, “Do the right thing even when no one’s looking”.
- Monday, October 28 Neon Dress Day: “Too Bright for Bullying and Drugs”
- Tuesday, October 29 Super Heroes Dress Day: “I Have the Power to be Bully and Drug Free”
- Wednesday, October 30 Crazy Hair/Hat & Crazy Socks Day: “Wild to be Bully and Drug Free”
- Thursday, October 31 Team Jersey/DVA Shirt and Jeans Day: “Team Up, We’re Bully and Drug Free”
- Friday, November 1 Red Shirt and FREE Jeans Day: “REDy to be Bully and Drug Free”
Red Ribbon Celebration: Friday, November 1
Third, Fourth, & Fifth Grades: 11:45AM-12:30PM
First & Second Grades: 12:45PM-1:30PM
Get REDy, DVA Eagles, to do the right thing even if no one is watching you!